Ever wonder what to do with all that leftover gift wrapping and boxes?!
Usher in the new year with this fun New Years’ Eve noisemaker craft using those shiny festive wrapping paper scraps, some household items and a little creativity.
Paddle Noisemaker Craft
- String or twine
- Wrapping paper scraps
- Craft glue
- “Noisemakers”, such as beads, buttons, bells capable of threading string into
- Craft sticks (wooden popsicle sticks or wider)
Follow the directions below or watch this video for similar instructions.
- Using cardboard, draw 2 circles approx. the size of a small to medium bowl. Carefully cut out the circle.
- Using the wrapping paper, glue on to one side of each circle. You may want to cover the entire circle with one piece of wrapping paper or use small torn scraps and create a mosaic! Set aside to dry.
- Using a single hole punching tool, cut 3 – 4 holes along the left and right edge of the circles. To make sure the holes match, you can use the first circle and trace the holes onto the 2nd circle.
- Line up your circles on top of one another (decorated side facing outwards). Make sure the holes line up. Create an opening and place the craft stick between the two circles to create a handle at the bottom. Using glue, adhere part of the stick to the plain inside of the circles. Let dry.
- Cut string to measure double the length of the circles you created. Measure and cut as many strings as you have holes on your noisemaker. Thread each string halfway into each hole. This will help fasten the circles together too!
- Begin to thread your noisemaking accessories, such as beads, buttons, bells, etc. on each string. Tie a knot at the end of each string.
Now you are ready to make some noise! Simply hold the noisemaker’s handle and turn, twist, or wave the paddle and let the bells, buttons or beads make a sound against the decorated cardboard!
Happy New Year!
Servicing the Ottawa Community since 1998. We are now accepting clients in Smith Falls, Kemptville, Prescott, Brockville, through to Kingston, Ontario.
#NewYearsEve #noisemaker #craft #activitiesforseniors #seniorcare #seniorliving #healthcare #ottawahomecare #elderlycare #assistedliving #caregiving #homehealthcare #dementia #eldercare #elderly #alzheimers #parkinsons #health #mealassistance #homecare #ottnews #seniorhomecareinottawa #mealsonwheels #senior #dementiacare #Ottawa #ottawaretirement #retirement #ottcity #LHIN