Last week we discussed the health benefits of Turmeric with its anti-inflammatory properties. Well, today we will focus on its close cousin – Ginger!
Ginger has a variety of compounds that contribute to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, particularly ideal for joint inflammation, reducing pain, and improving joint mobility. This spicy root is also known for its digestive properties that help to support digestive health.
Simply add ginger to a variety of your own recipes or make it as a tea by chopping or grating fresh ginger root and simmering in water. Another way to add the health benefits of ginger is with this delicious Turkey Ginger Soup recipe!
Turkey Ginger Noodle Soup
For the original recipe, click here.
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (11.8 ounces) coconut water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup frozen corn (about 5 ounces), thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas (about 4 ounces), thawed
- 8 ounces rice noodles or thin spaghetti
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Toss turkey with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown turkey in batches. Add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours, until carrots are tender. Stir in corn and peas; heat through.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Add to soup just before serving.
Servicing the Ottawa Community since 1998. We are now accepting clients in Smith Falls, Kemptville, Prescott, Brockville, through to Kingston, Ontario.
#ginger #soup #recipe #seniorcare #seniorliving #healthcare #ottawahomecare #elderlycare #assistedliving #caregiving #homehealthcare #dementia #eldercare #elderly #alzheimers #parkinsons #health #mealassistance #homecare #ottnews #seniorhomecareinottawa #senior #dementiacare #Ottawa #ottawaretirement #retirement #ottcity #LHIN