For some of us, Christmas shopping has already begun as we anticipate gathering more with family and friends this year. So why not begin your Christmas crafting too!?
Begin with this sweet Christmas tree made from paper doilies and simple embellishments!
- Paper Doilies (4 – 6inches)
- Wooden Popsicle Sticks
- Fold the paper doily with one-third on the top and two-thirds on the bottom. The “wrong” side of the doily should be inside the fold.
- Fold the doily by two-thirds.
- With the two-thirds side facing upward, use the ruler to determine the one-third point along the folded edge. Fold over one-third of the doily at this point.
- Fold the paper doily again making a flat cone shape. Work with the shape until the cone edges are even on each side.
- The larger flap rests under the smaller flap to showcase the fluted edges on the Easy Christmas Crafts Paper Doily Folded Christmas Tree Ornament.
- Using the wooden popsicle stick, glue to the back of the tree for stability.
- Decorate with embellishments such as ribbons, pom-poms, glitter, stickers, etc.
- If you make more than one, think about stringing them together with ribbon to create a garland, or if making one, use the ribbon to make a loop at the top and hang it on your tree!
For more inspiration, go online or visit youtube for a number of paper doily Christmas crafts and activities for all ages! Want help encouraging your senior loved one to participate in arts and crafts or other activities of daily life? Visit our website or call us today to see how we can help! Servicing the Ottawa Community since 1998. We are now accepting clients in Smith Falls, Kemptville, Prescott, Brockville, through to Kingston, Ontario.