Whether it’s fruit, cold drinks, or desserts, you can serve anything chilled in one of these decorative flower ice bowls. Despite their appearance, they only require 20 minutes of effort plus an overnight freeze. Put the bowl inside a larger tray to catch water if it melts, or bring your brunch outside for a beautiful meal with no dishes to wash.
Flower Ice Bowl
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + freezing
(6 inches in diameter and 3 inches high)
Assorted herbs and edible flowers like mint, chamomile, pansies, nasturtiums, etc. or colourful silk flowers and leaves
1-quart and 2-1/2-quart freezer-proof glass bowls
1. Rinse and pat dry blossoms and leaves if you are using herbs and edible flowers. Silk flowers and leaves should be washed gently in warm, sudsy water, rinsed, and allowed to air dry.
2. Fill the 2-1/2-quart container. Fill the bowl half full of water. Cover the surface of the water entirely with herbs and flowers or silk flowers and leaves. In a 1-qt, and bowl on top of the flowers about 1 inch. Of space between the bowls. Fill the 1-qt—bowl with ice cubes. Place freezer tape across both bowls to hold them in place.
3. Place the bowls in the freezer for 30 minutes or until ice crystals form on top of the water.
4. Place additional herbs or leaves and flowers between the sides of the bowls with a wooden skewer. Return bowls to the freezer.
5. As you check on the bowls, add and reposition flowers periodically as the water freezes. Let them freeze overnight.
6. Remove the freezer tape and ice cubes. Fill the 1-quart container. Place the bowl in lukewarm water, then remove it. Dip the 2-1/2-quart bowl into the water. Twist the bowl in the warm water to loosen. Remove the ice bowl and store it in the freezer.
Use your beautiful Ice Bowl to serve any desert-like fresh fruit, yogurt, ice cream while at the same time keeping them cold. The bowls are also perfect for serving Fresh Shrimp. In this case, I’d perhaps line my ice bowl with fresh dill. You could even make yourself a smaller ice bowl to hold the cocktail sauce.
Voila! The recipe for a beautiful ice bowl.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Feel free to express yourself!
A blog post would not be complete without your comments.
Please feel free to leave a comment below.
Brought to you by Ideal Caregivers 4u
“Servicing the Ottawa Community since 1998”