Looking for a delicious and healthy change to your regular meal routine? Well, look no further! This protein-rich and fibre-packed dish is a great addition to any meal!
This Middle Eastern-inspired dish, also known as Falafel, takes a more Meditteranean turn with the addition of parmesan cheese for added flavour!
Makes 6 – 8 patties
- 1 can of chickpeas, 15oz., drained
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp canola/vegetable oil
Dipping Sauce *optional*:
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Water to thin out the mixture (about 1/4 cup)
- Dash of salt
- Using a food processor (or a potato masher if you don’t have a processor), combine the chickpeas, garlic powder, parsley, flour, cumin, cheese, water, salt and pepper. Blend and mix well until a smooth dough-like texture is created.
- Spoon the mixture into your hand and roll to create a ball. Flatten and set aside. Repeat until your mixture is complete.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil on medium-high heat in a pan.
- Once the oil is heated, gently place each patty into the oil. Pan fry for about 1 – 2 minutes, then gently turn each patty over. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Carefully remove the patties from the oil and set them aside on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- To make the sauce, simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Serve patties on a dish with the sauce and enjoy! You may also pair this with a fresh salad or pita bread.
Servicing the Ottawa Community since 1998.
We are now accepting clients in Smith Falls, Kemptville, Prescott, Brockville, through to Kingston, Ontario.